An effort to sign up 25,000 education voters to pledge to elect a Governor will support full and fair funding, charter school accountability, ending the school to prison pipe line and returning our school to local control kicked of today in West Philadelphia. Upwards of a hundred and twenty people rallied at the Media Mobilizing Project, did a youth led canvas training and then ventured out in a heavy rain with clipboards and voter pledge cards. This will be the first of many canvases over next seven months.
Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
- RT @MrsL132: Minh Nguyen of @bpsos_delval & @PCAPS_Philly says SRC doesn’t work- it’s been 13 difficult & arduous years. #phled http://t.c… 48 minutes ago
- RT @PFTLocal3: 3000+ #phled parents and residents can't be wrong! 96.8% want local control of schools! #justsaying @ParentsUnitedPA http://… 59 minutes ago
- RT @PFTLocal3: TOMORROW: Join us at 440 as we stand with the parents and students at Marin and Steel! #phled bit.ly/1prtwOd http://… 59 minutes ago
- Collect signatures w/us this Saturday! wearepcaps.org/2014/04/18/ral… MT @CaucusofWE: Down with the #SRC! thenotebook.org/blog/147159/pf… @PFTLocal3 #PhlEd 17 hours ago
- Proud to be doing this work! MT @newskag: need 20,000 signatures to get a non-binding referendum on disbanding the SRC on the ballot #PHLed 1 day ago