Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
- RT @PhilaController: Latest report: PA's charter school funding unfair, damaging to #philly philadelphiacontroller.org/page.asp?id=10… #phled 12 hours ago
- RT @TchrAnnie: FACTS teachers support all #phled teachers and public education #solidaritywithteachers http://t.co/1wN8rt7pjO 1 day ago
- RT @marwooda: Common pleas court judge grants preliminary injunction to halt changes to PFT contract. #inq 1 day ago
- RT @Penn_SLAP: @krazol SRC. Selfish. Reckless. Cowards. "Education is Freedom" #solidaritywithteachers #phled http://t.co/tw94vINZ3o 1 day ago
- RT @eimayorga: #solidaritywithteachers @caucusofwe our working conditions are our students learning conditions #phled http://t.co/lqLSdMGziB 2 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Pictures of yesterday massive demonstration ouside the SRC as well as a snapshot of what went on at the meeting, all from the camera of the incomparable Harvey Finkle.
This morning parents stood on the steps at School District Headquarters and spoke out clearly against the SRC’s cancellation of the PFT contract. Parent leaders from all over the city made clear they understand the sacrifices teachers have and continue … Continue reading
Get a sign and write who you are and add “I stand in solidarity with Philadelphia teachers.” Take a selfie, post it on FB and tweet it using the hashtags #solidaritywithteachers and #phled. Like these people did.
PFT members and community supporters rallied this morning and leafletted parents, challenging an earlier letter sent to them by the District on the decision to cancel the PFT contract and impose cuts in health care (see flyer below) A … Continue reading
Yesterday, October 9th, at 4:00 PM, the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign, along with school parents, students, and teachers, attempted to hold mock auction inside the Governor’s office on the 11th floor of the Bellvue Stratford on South Broad St. … Continue reading
ACTION United, along with the Center for Popular Democracy and Integrity in Education, released a report on October 1st calling for all those with responsbility for monitoring charters, including the charter schools themselves, to get serious about charter school fraud. … Continue reading
Following the SRC’s cancellation of the PFT contract, PA Working Families, Fight for Philly, PCAPS and many other activists demonstrated at the Governor’s office, targetting Corbett as the driving force behind this latest attack on teachers. pictures from Harvey Finkle