Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
- RT @AFTunion: Labor & community must be tranformative not merely transactional. Congrats to @rweingarten & thank you @communitychange #Chan… 1 day ago
- #phled Council Votes to Place Local Control Measure on Ballot wp.me/p2KTp8-Cg via @wordpressdotcom 1 day ago
- Council approves referendum on abolishing SRC: philly.com/philly/blogs/c… // Now please sign it Mayor @Michael_Nutter @PhillyPressSec #PhlEd 1 day ago
- Second vote to get the initiative for #localcontrol on the ballot passes 15-1 as well. #PhlEd 1 day ago
- RT @fightforphilly: Video: Huge cheers in #PHLCouncil as #localcontrol ballot question passes! #PhlEd vine.co/v/OWgqP2V6LP2 1 day ago
- Council Votes to Place Local Control Measure on Ballot
- Snapshot of Last Week’s Resistance to a Bare Bones Budget
- Day 5 of Week of Resistance: Outside the Governor’s Office
- Statement of Pennsylvania Working Families on Council’s Failure to put Local Control on the Ballot
- Day 4 of the Week Of Resistance: Willard Elementary, Kensington CAPA
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A large and vocal crowd packed City Council this morning demanding the Council respect the 40,000 people who signed petitions for a non-binding referendum on abolishing the SRC and returning the schools to local control. Last week, citing concerns about … Continue reading
Here are two of last week’s actions, the rally at KCAPA on Thursday and the demonstration at the Governor’s office on Friday, as seen by photographer Harvey Finkle.
Several hundred people staged a spirited rally outside the Governor’s office at Broad and Walnut as the culminating event of a week of rallies around the city to dramatize the plight of Philadelphia’s schools. A letter a delegation of parents, … Continue reading
Philadelphians Denied the Chance to Vote for Local Control Coalition demands vote on education charter amendment For Immediate Release Thursday, September 11, 2014 Jesse Bacon, 215-298-3923, email@example.com Today, Philadelphia City Council failed to heed the call of 40,000 Philadelphians who … Continue reading
This morning teachers and parents rallied at Willard Elementary, After school Youth United for Change, along with parents from nearby Moffat Elementary organized by the Poor People’s Economic and Human Rights Committee, members of ACTION United, Fight For Philly, PFT, Media … Continue reading
While students in Newark boycott schools demanding the return of local control, the organizations that have been leading the fight to get a November ballot question on abolishing the School Reform Commission were at City Hall today urging Council to … Continue reading
Lots of horn blowing in support and high fives from students and staff as people rallied this morning at Broad and Christian.
PFT President Jerry Jordan, Parent leaders Kendra Brooks and Terry King from ACTION United, Central counselor Tatiana Olmedo, and community activist Sherri Cohen spoke at today’s rally outside Central high school.
As the school doors opened fifty students, parents, teachers and community activists rallied on the sidewalk this morning with the message that we can’t accept another year of bare bones education for our children.