Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
- #PhlEd RT @PBPC: SB76 opposed by diverse coalition of business groups, advocates for schools & low-income families: bit.ly/1kqS9Zt 18 hours ago
- RT @ParentsUnitedPA: Our @PCAPS_Philly colleagues did great work last week showing our outrage at the state of #PhlEd schools: http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- #phled Snapshot of Last Week's Resistance to a Bare Bones Budget wp.me/p2KTp8-BV 1 day ago
- RT @znewbart: @YUCphilly great job leading the protest on friday! #saveourschools #PHLed youtu.be/GusDG6oOiJQ 2 days ago
- RT @tonyaabata: 10th grade student at Capa pissed off at cuts cuts cuts 1 counselor for 700 students @PCAPS_Philly #philed http://t.co/ufwp… 3 days ago
- Snapshot of Last Week’s Resistance to a Bare Bones Budget
- Day 5 of Week of Resistance: Outside the Governor’s Office
- Statement of Pennsylvania Working Families on Council’s Failure to put Local Control on the Ballot
- Day 4 of the Week Of Resistance: Willard Elementary, Kensington CAPA
- From Newark to Philadelphia: People Demand Local Control
Author Archives: wearepcaps
Here are two of last week’s actions, the rally at KCAPA on Thursday and the demonstration at the Governor’s office on Friday, as seen by photographer Harvey Finkle.
Several hundred people staged a spirited rally outside the Governor’s office at Broad and Walnut as the culminating event of a week of rallies around the city to dramatize the plight of Philadelphia’s schools. A letter a delegation of parents, … Continue reading
Philadelphians Denied the Chance to Vote for Local Control Coalition demands vote on education charter amendment For Immediate Release Thursday, September 11, 2014 Jesse Bacon, 215-298-3923, email@example.com Today, Philadelphia City Council failed to heed the call of 40,000 Philadelphians who … Continue reading
This morning teachers and parents rallied at Willard Elementary, After school Youth United for Change, along with parents from nearby Moffat Elementary organized by the Poor People’s Economic and Human Rights Committee, members of ACTION United, Fight For Philly, PFT, Media … Continue reading
While students in Newark boycott schools demanding the return of local control, the organizations that have been leading the fight to get a November ballot question on abolishing the School Reform Commission were at City Hall today urging Council to … Continue reading
Lots of horn blowing in support and high fives from students and staff as people rallied this morning at Broad and Christian.
PFT President Jerry Jordan, Parent leaders Kendra Brooks and Terry King from ACTION United, Central counselor Tatiana Olmedo, and community activist Sherri Cohen spoke at today’s rally outside Central high school.
As the school doors opened fifty students, parents, teachers and community activists rallied on the sidewalk this morning with the message that we can’t accept another year of bare bones education for our children.
Next week students return for another year at badly under resourced, under staffed, “bare bones” schools. Even if the stalled cigarette tax passes, our schools will be in no better shape, and, arguably, worse off than last year. And last … Continue reading
Today, Philadelphia School District Superintendent Hite announced further cuts to Philadelphia schools, with the possibility of mass layoffs to come if further funding does not come through in the fall. Philadelphia schools are in dire condition, and children, teachers, parents, … Continue reading